FFL first led the revolution to identify resources (on and off campus) and to create on-campus support through policies, resources and communication strategies. Students, administrators, faculty, alums and donors can help us advance the revolution by using FFL’s Tools for Schools to ensure pregnant women, expectant fathers, parents and birthparents won’t be forced to choose between terminating there education to support their children.
Step 1: Assess & Plan
• Use Feminists for Life’s Pregnancy and Parenting Resources SurveySM to evaluate your campus for pregnant and parenting resources!
• Request your FREE Grow Your Group student kit—full of FREE posters, brochures, and materials, FFL’s kits are perfect for back-to-school tabling. Email email@example.com to get your kit!
• Look at and share our Recommendations for Best Practices at Colleges and Universities Serving Pregnant and Parenting Students to see how your school measures up and what changes need to be made.
Step 2: Take Action
• Host an FFL Speaker – Our highly acclaimed speakers visit campuses across the country to share their stories and educate college audiences about our rich pro-life feminist history. They include:
• Birthmothers who believe that “adoption is an empowering option” for women facing unintended pregnancies
• A rape survivor who “didn’t know who the father was, but knew who the mother was” and chose life for her child
• Women who faced unplanned pregnancies during college – and succeeded as both students and mothers
• Free FFL speaker videos on YouTube—Perfect for a low-cost, high-impact event on campus. Pass the popcorn and show students that Women Deserve Better® than abortion!
• FFL Pregnancy Resources ForumsSM—Take the ultimate step in transforming your campus with FFL’s Pregnancy Resource Forum. FFL moderators bring together key campus policymakers and stakeholders to identify and develop resources for pregnant and parenting students.
• Fundraise to help pregnant and parenting students with housing, child care, diaper decks on campus, and more.
• Keeping Mommy on the Tenure Track – an article for faculty
Step 3: Educate & Create
•Apply for rewarding telecommuting internships—available year-round! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• Join the conversation on our Feminists for Life on Campus Facebook group.
• Our Feminist “Herstory” information as the original researchers of pro-life feminist history
• Exciting internships at the national office
• Brochures and kits for individuals and groups on campus*
• Online Student Kits with Year-Round Calendar to plan your school year*
• FFL’s magazine, The American Feminist® theme issues include “Raising Kids on a Shoestring,” and “Hard Cases, Exceptional Choices.
•Become a member. Consider this is your invitation to join.
*Email FFL’s College Outreach Program at email@example.com for access to these and all of FFL’s FREE resources!