New Campaign Beginning on Susan B. Anthony's Birthday
To make holistic, woman-centered solutions a reality and effect lasting change, Feminists for Life members need information and tools. To effectively advocate for women and systematically eliminate the root causes that drive women to abortion, Feminists for Life needs members.
On Susan B. Anthony's birthday, February 15th, Feminists for Life will launch a new campaign lasting through the end of Women's History Month in March. Together we will celebrate our rich feminist history and reach out to educate others, encouraging them to join us in creating practical resources and support for pregnant women and parents.
Please make plans now to be a part of this effort.
February is also Black History Month, so before we celebrate the birth of Susie B, we celebrate the life of a remarkable woman named Anna Julia Cooper. Women's history and Black history are too often neglected, but leaders like Cooper must never be forgotten. Please enjoy Cat Clark's article about her, which was published in the "March Forth!" issue of The American Feminist. And please don't keep this to yourself. Share it with your family and friends.
As a part of our campaign, every new member of Feminists for Life--including new gift members, new student members, and new student gift members--will receive two amazing and inspiring issues of The American Feminist just for signing up: "March Forth!" and my "Pro-Woman Answers to Pro-Choice Questions"! (If you haven't joined FFL yet, "every new member" means you, too!)
Plan now for Susan B. Anthony's birthday by picking your favorite activist idea(s) listed below, and please forward this message to your family and friends. Don't forget to join us on Facebook, share FFL links with your Facebook friends, and tweet your favorite quotes from this series (#MarchForthFFL).
FFL members walk our talk. Know and share our rich pro-life feminist history. Keep the revolution alive by advocating woman-centered solutions and encouraging more people to join Feminists for Life.
Because women deserve better,
Serrin M. Foster
- Make Susan B. Anthony your Facebook profile image on February 15th, and join us if you aren't already a fan!
- Download, print, and post FFL's free "Another Anti-Choice Fanatic: Susan B. Anthony" ad on bulletin boards in community centers, places of worship, grocery stores, restaurants, shops, libraries, dorms, and student centers. (When posting ads, always ask permission and follow any posting guidelines, regulations, or ordinances.)
- Download and print your favorite of FFL's free iron-on decals and use it to make a reusable tote for your lunch, the library, the grocery store, and other shopping. The same designs can also be used to make t-shirts, aprons, and many other items.
- Order FFL's NEW "Voices of our Feminist Foremothers" brochures, featuring Susan B. Anthony and other feminist foremothers, to distribute for Women's History Month in March. (Don't forget to wear your t-shirts or carry the brochures in your new bag!)
- Spread the word by sharing Anna Julia Cooper's story on Facebook, your website, your blog, Twitter, etc.
- Order or bake a cake for Susan B. Anthony's 191st birthday on February 15th. (Great for classrooms, dorm celebrations, or just for you.) You may choose to skip the 191 candles!
- Plan a trip--either for February 15th or the future--to the Susan B. Anthony Birthplace Museum in Adams, Massachusetts.
- Write an op-ed for publication in a newspaper, magazine, journal, newsletter, or bulletin, or post it on your own blog or Facebook page. Use the resources in the feminist history section of FFL's website and be sure to link to www.feministsforlife.org in your article. (You help make FFL's website one of the most visited in the world!)