CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 29, 2014
FFL’s Member Services Coordinator is responsible for updating and maintaining member/donor database, producing acknowledgements, fulfilling orders of FFL’s merchandise called Covetable Stuff,® and updating FFL’s Constant Contact email subscriber list.
Trained by the Vice President and reports to the President, also works with VP on a regular basis.
Part time position averaging 7-10 hours per week, more at the end and beginning of a year and fundraising campaigns. Hours are flexible with advance notice.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Respectful of the confidential nature of FFL’s work, especially all donor names, lists and giving records.
• Experienced data entry/administrative worker, primarily with donor, member, and volunteer database experience.
• Accurate with keen attention to detail essential. Analytical.
• Able to create queries, run reports, pull lists, and generate thousands of acknowledgments.
• Familiar with Microsoft Access, MS Excel and other MS Office applications. Experience with eTapestry a plus.
• Extremely well‐organized. Self‐starter. Able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet regular deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communications.
• Able and willing to follow directions from supervisor. Works well with finance team members, especially the accountant.
• Committed to FFL’s pro‐woman, pro‐life mission.
• Training in computer systems preferred; college degree in related fields a plus.
• Maintain and protects the donor, member databases, and e‐lists which also include volunteers, media, legislative and complimentary members.
• Attentive to the details of donations, including name and address changes.
• Prepare and mail new donor and member packets to accompany acknowledgments (with assistance from volunteers whenever possible).
• Utilize technology to interface with bank to facilitate time sensitive acknowledgements.
• Enter donations (including those that come in by mail, or online from FFL’s secure sites, and the CFC/United Way) and generate acknowledgements for:
– general and campaign donations including the year‐end matching challenge,
– regular and student gift memberships (to both the donor and recipients),
– tribute gifts (memorial and honor),new, changed and year‐end total giving for monthly donors (EFT, mail, online)
• Prepare major donor acknowledgments (and new major donor acknowledgement and packets) for the President’s signature.
• Generate counts and prepare lists by sorting information on the database as directed by the President for various mailings such as:
– publications including brochures and The American Feminist,®
– approximately five direct mail and year‐end matching gift campaigns,
– quarterly membership renewal campaigns,
– monthly gift membership renewals,
– quarterly prospect mailings to those who have signed up to the e‐list.
• Management of leadership list, speakers list, and email lists (regular and College Outreach Program), including increased match of members/donors and the e‐list addresses. (Volunteers may support part of this effort.)
Reports and Analysis
• Run reports as needed, tracking and analyzing database information, including donor and member response.
• Create monthly batch reports for FFL Vice President and accountant.
• Create quarterly reports on donor/member response to mailings, and other reports as requested by president and accountant.
• Upload a copy of most recent database to online storage location after EVERY series of changes to database.
• Receive orders from our online shopping cart, place orders via form on fulfillment center website, and keep records of all transactions in database.
• Track available inventory and notify Vice President if inventory is low on items, reorder as directed.
• Provide recommendations to the Vice President to improve systems, especially as they relate to member/donor services and cost‐effectiveness of our merchandise.
• Presents FFLA in the best possible light.
• Performs other duties as directed by the Vice President and President.
• Hours are flexible as long as schedule is pre-approved
• Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
Commensurate with skills and experience in a nonprofit environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to:
FFL Human Resources via email: HR@feministsforlife.org or FAX: 815.366.7668
Feminists for Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.